July 30th marked the birth date of the accomplished and dynamic, Vivica Fox. Her love for Jamaica, the beauty of the island, and the cuisine, have drawn her back on many occasions to relax and rewind. It wouldn’t be a surprise that she would want to celebrate her fifty-first birthday in the Caribbean’s tropical paradise. Partnered with Ocean Style Magazine, the series of events surrounding her birthday was promised to be ‘a night to be remembered’ by the locals and tourists who shared in the memory and most importantly, the youthful Fox.
Indeed, it was!
She hosted a dinner and party at the Tavern at White Witch Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica on the 31st of July, which commenced at 7 pm with dinner, then the party afterwards. The Dinner was catered and served by renowned Chef Collin Brown; he tantalized the taste buds of the birthday girl and her invitees with an exquisite six course dinner with wine. Afterwards, when the clock struck ten, the party music and dancing went underway and all those who were in the presence of the Caribbean beauty let their hair down under the stars. The pricing for both events was US $125.
Ocean Style Travel even created a tempting package for the Soul Food star, in light of her celebration, making her night continue into the weekend. On Thursday, July 30, she arrived in Jamaica, followed by a private cocktail reception at her hotel. On Friday, she celebrated her birthday in style at the Tavern.
Later on she moved sceneries and enjoyed the beach vibe of the popular Utopia Beach Day Party, while on Sunday she enjoyed a Champagne Brunch and Wine Tasting. Truly this was an exceptional package for Fox, but of course we did not expect any less for such a highly successful woman.
Wow! It’s great to be here in one of my favorite places in the world – the beautiful city of Montego Bay, to celebrate my 51st birthday… I am also happy that all of you are here to celebrate with me, and I thank God for blessing me and giving me another year,” – Vivica Fox.
Here are some facts about Madame Fox in honor of her life:
- She won five awards, nominated for sixteen
- Best Supporting Actress in Genre Motion Picture (Independence Day) in 1996 at the Universal Reader’s Choice Awards
- Best Kiss in the Independence Day Movie in 1997 at the MTV Movie Awards
- Best Actress in 1998 in the movie Soul Food at the Acapulco Black Film Festival
- Outstanding actress in Drama series in 2006 at the Image Awards
- Image Award in 2008 at the La Femme International Film Festival
- She is known for acting in 142 movies, producing 9 movies, and appearing as herself in 171 programs.
- Known for acting in movies: Ella Enchanted, Kill Bill, Why do Fools Fall in Love, Soul Food, Independence Day, etc.
- Known to have produced: Glam God with Vivica Fox, Three Can Play That Game, 1-800-Missing Motives, Ride or Die, etc.
- Known to have appeared in documentaries, the View, Wendy Williams Show, Oprah, the Insider, Face Off, etc.
- She is ranked in many magazines for her beauty.
- ‘50 Most Beautiful People in the world’ by People
- ‘The 10 Sexiest Women of 2001’ by the readers of Black Men
- ‘100 Hottest Hotties’ by VH1, she was ranked #96.
- ‘40 Hottest Hotties over 40’ in 2005 by VH1.
- ‘100 Hottest Brunettes of AIM’, ranked #28
- She earned an Associate Art degree in Social Sciences from Golden West College
- She is Native American and African American.
- She married Christopher Harvest on December 19, 1998 and divorced in June 2002.
- She is five foot seven inches tall.
- She is a Leo.
- She was born Vivica Anjanetta Fox. She is credited as Vivica A. Fox, Vivian A. Fox or Vivica Fox
By Alexandria Daley