The Trinidad and Tobago Securities and Exchange Commission (the Commission) has launched a competition for persons between 14 and 17 years old resident in Trinidad and Tobago. This investor education competition, which runs from July 25 to August 24, 2012, features prizes such as an IPAD, an Ipod, a Kindle, cash and other special prizes.
- Build and develop competencies among our youth;
- Generate interest and awareness of the types of instruments and the value of wise investment choices;
- Educate and empower the younger generation so that they will be investor literate and thus, make in- formed decisions;
- Empower young persons so that they can guide and inform their families and communities;
- Increase the visibility of the TTSEC.
In order to ensure that this competition is in keeping with the digital age in which most young persons operate, applicants will have to LIKE the Commission’s Facebook page or visit the Commission’s website to access the guidelines and registration forms. Participants who prefer the traditional method, can visit the TTSEC’s offices to collect the package.
The Commission will continue to use initiatives such as this competition and other investor education programmes in order to ensure that we have a better informed, educated and more confident consumer of investment products in Trinidad and Tobago. http://news.co.tt/public_html/article.php?story=20120724180520807