Tearful brides-to-be are among hundreds of holidaymakers forced to cancel their trips following the shock closure of one of the biggest all-inclusive resorts in the Caribbean
The Daily Observer website antiguaobserver.com reports that:
Hundreds of holidaymakers – including many devastated wedding parties – have been left high and dry after one of the biggest all-inclusive resorts in the Caribbean announced an unexpected shutdown.The Sandals resort in Antigua has left brides in tears following its sudden decision to close for three months from September 20.
Tourists have been forced to cancel their holidays, having spent thousands of pounds to book their trips. Among them are British couple Mark Ingham and Sharon Osborne, both 55, who had planned to wed among the palm trees of the Sandals Grande Antigua resort on September 21. But last week they were told their wedding was off.
Mr Ingham said last night: ‘My fiancée hasn’t stopped crying since we found out. We’re absolutely crushed and just have no idea what to do. This was meant to be our big day which we had been planning for months and months and Sandals has ruined it. We’re out of pocket to the tune of thousands of pounds. It had been our dream to get married in Antigua and now it’s in tatters.’
The couple, from Basingstoke, were told by their travel company Blue Bay that they would have to reschedule after December 17, the date when the resort reopens.
Read complete article here: http://antiguaobserver.com/tearful-brides-to-be-are-among-hundreds-of-holidaymakers-forced-to-cancel-their-trips-following-the-shock-closure-of-one-of-the-biggest-all-inclusive-resorts-in-the-caribbean/