“I started doing desserts over three years now and it’s been a hell of a journey! From going to random people to family and over time growing clientele I have no regrets. As of last year persons started saying “hey you should get into vegan desserts there’s a big market and they will pay the extra money “ , and so I would take all the suggestions, thought about it and started to do samples.” – Renee Saunders in an exclusive interview with The Caribbean Current.
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 15-20 cookies (dependent on size )
1 & ½ cup of flour
½ teaspoon baking soda ½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup of melted butter (or can be softened) 1 cup brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract 1 whole egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups or less of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven at 325
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda; set aside.
- Combine the butter with both sugars; beat on medium speed unti light and fluffy.
- Reduce heat to low; add the salt, vanilla, and eggs.
- Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture; mix until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping tablespoon-size balls of dough about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
Bake until cookies are golden around the edges, but still soft in the center, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
Read more about Ren’s Bake ‘N’ Bites