The Girl Power Leadership Conference is an annual conference organized by Power To Girls Foundation for girls between the ages of 12- 20.This conference will be held on May 17th 2014 at Father Henry Carr Catholic Secondary School, in Toronto, Canada. Approximately 250 young girls from across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) will participate in the conference.
The conference will involve energetic and engaging performances, presentation, workshops, activities and discussions focused on girls and leadership. Our goals are to build community and create engagement opportunities that inspire young girls to speak up, listen to each other and to think critically about the world around them.
The goals of the Girl Power Leadership Conference are:
- To provide the necessary tools to equip and nurture girls into women
- To awaken the sense of womanhood in girls
- To provide girl with workshops, activities that enhance their leadership, communication, and networking skills and builds a sense of community.
- To get girls more involved within their various communities
- To mentor and to provide girls with valuable information that helps them make wise and productive decisions in their lives.
The conference is organized and hosted by Power To Girls Foundation a non-profit organization that has the vision to empower and to encourage young girls, and to help create an environmentthat fosters growth, leadership and economic freedom. Our mandate and mission is to motivate, educate and inspire young girls to become young women. We are dedicated to provide positive mentorship, community interaction and recreational activities that inspire self-confidence, build self-esteem friendship, healthy eating, hygiene and integrity in the hearts of all our girls.
The 2nd Annual Girls Power Leadership Conference is a free event and is open to all girls within the community. Interested participants are urged to register online at www.powertogirls.com.
Contact: Aisha Addo, Founder and Mentor, Power To Girls Foundation, Aisha.firstname.lastname@example.org,
(416) 993 5534