Key objectives were to:
- Provide and understanding of the progress and challenges of case-based surveillance in the region
- Understand the key surveillance and M&E indicators for regional case-based surveillance
- Launch the HIV Clinical Management Information Module
- Highlight the regional plans for case-based surveillance implementation
- Develop Country plans for the Implementation of the CBS system
- Ensure the sustainability of CBS under the continuation grant.
Dr. Cleophas D’Auvergne, Project Coordinator of the OECS HIV/TB Elimination Project was pleased with the outcome of the two-day workshop which helped to chart the way forward for CBS in the region.
“Countries were thoroughly engaged in the process and collectively shared in the vision of having an integrated HIV/STI/TB case-based surveillance system without borders,” Dr. D’Auvergne commented.
Participants were also briefed on the theory and practice of the newly developed HIV Clinical Management Module (HIVMS V2), which has the capacity to integrate HIV/STI/TB surveillance in OECS Member States.
Source: https://pressroom.oecs.org, previously published here