She is the first woman of Haitian descent to open an authentic French creole restaurant in Toronto and plans to expand her vision throughout Canada.
Magda Sylvestre Lous-Jean has been nominated for the Business Woman of the Year Award in Toronto, Canada.
The Networking Diva Group based in Toronto, Canada will present its 3rd annual evening of recognition of business women across North America — Woman on Fire — in Toronto, Canada on April 10, 2015. There will also be an inaugural event in Montreal, Vancouver, and Miami.
The Woman on Fire is a dazzling evening of acknowledgement and appreciation of dynamic women in business; featuring amazing speakers, proud award recipients, successful business professionals, great entertainment and a delectable dinner.
Magda Sylvestre Louis-Jean is a chef with a passion for quality, healthy food and a long-standing family tradition of French Creole cuisine. After years of experience in the food industry, she began crafting her own take on “French Creole Cuisine,” fusing her soul cooking style by using traditional Haitian ingredients with Western flavours.
Magda Sylvestre Lous-Jean is the chef and owner of La Creole located in Toronto, Canada. Her culinary skills have been featured in these popular publications:
• Globe and Mail – “Haitian food gets its due pair.”
• Zagat – ” Top 25 New Restaurants to discover in 2015″
• Toronto Life – “Introducing: La Créole brings refined island cuisine to a romantic room on
St. Clair West”
• BlogTo-“Toronto’s best Daiquiri’
• L’Express – ” La Creole : Nouveau resto classique et décontracté ”
• Village Living Magazine – ” Byen venu to La Creole!”
• Dine.To – “Toronto’s top 5 Restaurants for Valentine’s Day 2015”
• Vv Magazine – “Toronto’s Top 6 Soul food restaurant in 2015″
• Sharp Magazine ” Canada’s Top Soutern Restaurant 2015″
Her catering company, Manje Kreyol, also specialize in event catering services and event management. She offers her services to clients who enjoy a delicious culinary adventure through the island of Haiti. Her current portfolio includes Loblaw’s, Michael’s Store, TDSB and Town of Markham.