- review the implementation status of each project component;
- review and assess progress towards achieving the Project Development Objectives and update the Results Framework;
- review program activities for the next 12 months;
- review safeguard compliance; and
- review procurement and financial management performance.
Ms. Sylvia Michele Diez, Environmental Specialist, and Project Co-Team Leader, expressed satisfaction with the progress of the project, which she noted as a “first step in terms of managing the ocean in an integrated way.”
“We really need to get a better understanding on the use of the marine space and for that we need better planning and better management of the natural resources – this is where CROP, the project, comes in.”
“[The CROP] is strengthening ocean governance through the development of marine spatial plans. It will also be developing analytical tools for better decision making and it would be creating an education platform to create more awareness on the use of the ocean space and on the blue economy concept – which is really how we manage the ocean space in a way that is sustainable and without over exploiting these resources.”